วันพุธที่ 21 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Book Review - Financial Peace

As a long time Dave Ramsey groupie, I was excited to read Dave's first major book. Financial Peace was a great culmination of all of the financial tools Dave teaches in his radio program. However, I felt the book was a bit disjointed, and definitely preferred the layout of his newest book, The Total Money Makeover.

The book began with an introduction to Dave Ramsey and his financial woes; in short, how he earned the right to teach this stuff. He does an excellent job of building his credibility, and I really enjoyed the story he employed to grab your attention from the get-go. He then moves on to denounce the growing immaturity of the American people, sharing a number of facts and figures that prove more people need a wake up call. The data he shares is somewhat frightening. He then begins to build a foundation, which he goes on to develop.

As with most of Ramsey’s books (that I’ve read thus far), listeners to his show will recognize a large part of the doctrine in this book. However, no financial peace to organize a good job, they engaged in a coherent manner than randomly distributed call by call. In itself, that is a wonderful thing. He also touches on the small steps of financial success, the foundation for the The Total Money Makeover is built. After reading the Total Money Makeover first, I prefer the general structure of this book. It is much more than linear Financial Peace.This means that there is nothing wrong with this work, it's a different approach to a similar story.

Financial Peace has a wealth of information not included in the Total Money Makeover. I particularly enjoyed the chapter on how to obtain good deals. I think I'm going to my dealings with some yard sales first practice. I wonder if they had impressed when I be flashed quarter? Somehow I do not think the effect is the same as flashing hundred dollar bills get! I alsoenjoyed the chapters on the careers, interest and insurance.

Financial Peace also offered some nice extras. Of particular interest to me was the chapter endings of Dave's wife, Sharon made available. I also appreciate the many forms at the end of the book: Basically, all forms Dave refers to the show. Finally, I thought the "puppy Peace" at the end of each chapter has a wonderful work to remember what the reader had to fall so far (though the name made meScratching my head, I have seen nothing like a dog) on it.

I enjoyed reading Financial Peace. It has helped keep me motivated while I follow Dave's debt-dumping plan. It also has some ideas for my life after I'm debt-free. Overall it was a very motivating and helpful book, and I'll probably read it again in the next year to get me fired and wired up.



ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

Search Gify by Zodiac